Its SUNDAY and a PERFECT time to make that special breakfast for yourself, cause lets face it…who has the time any other morning of the week!
QUINOA being the main ingredient is known as the ‘Brain Grain’ and it isn’t by accident. A top source of riboflavin, it can help reduce the occurrence of migranes by increasing brain cell metabolism. It’s also packed with iron which means more red blood cells in the body to carry oxygen to our brain and muscles. And don’t forget about its vitamin B content – that’s what can help the mind stay sharp as a tack (ready for a big week ahead)!
To try this AMAZINGLY healthy breakie head to your local Farmers Market to stock up on the ingredients below then get busy in your kitchen with this delicious GLUTEN FREE SPICED GRANOLA Recipe inspired by Dan Churchill from Master Chef!
2 cups of quinoa
2 tsp allspice
1 1/2 cups mixed nuts
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
3 tbsp tahini
3 tbsp rice malt syrup
1. Preheat oven to 140 deg C
2. Rinse the quinoa 3 times and then drain, combining nuts, desiccated coconut & allspice
3. In a bowl, combine the tahini and rice malt syrup, before adding to quinoa mix and combining
4. Spread evenly onto a lined baking tray and cook for 15-20mins or until golden, stirring gently
5. Turn oven into a dehydrator by turning the temp to its lowest & wedging a spoon in the door to allow air and moisture to escape. Cook for a further 40 mins to make the granola extra crunchy
6. Serve with favorite nut milk, yoghurt & seasonal fruit